A new year is fast approaching, so you need an updated fashion events calendar to ensure your 2020 is as stylish and in the know as possible.
From International fashion weeks, to trade shows, to exhibitions; knowing what events are happening will keep your fashion credentials sky-high. Whether you are a student, a professional or just a fashion enthusiast, these are the key events that need to go in your diary to create the perfect fashion events calendar.
Fashion Events Calendar 2020
There are events that happen every year, that help determine the fashion industry for the next 12 months. Trade shows and Fashion Weeks are among these. Then, you have exhibitions in galleries and museums, that give a broader insight into the industry. Of course, it’s not just about what we will be wearing, but what it will be made from. Fabric trade shows and exhibits are critical to attend if you want to have a deeper understanding of the fashion industry.
16th January 2020: London Textile Fair
- What? The UK’s premier platform for fashion fabrics and accessories. Manufacturers and their agents are provided with the opportunity to display their work to influential buyers and designers. (Trade only)
- When? 16th January 2020
- Where? Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, London, N1 0QH
20th – 23rd January 2020: Paris Haute Couture Week
- What? The prestigious haute couture houses showcase their latest designs and trends, in show-stopping shows and catwalks.
- When? 20th – 23rd January 2020
- Where? Various locations across Paris, London
24th – 25th January 2020: Future Fabrics Expo
- What? The point of this expo is to create a platform for consumers and professionals to learn more about the efforts of global textile mills, to design, manufacture, and function in a more sustainable and eco-friendly way. New textiles and fabric innovations will be unveiled for manufacturers to discover and adopt.
- When? 24th – 25th January 2020
- Where? Iris Studios, Adrian Mews, Ifield Road, London, SW10 9AE
28th – 31st January 2020: Copenhagen Fashion Week
- What? Copenhagen Fashion week continues to expand year on year and this is the place to be for Scandinavian Fashionistas.
- When? 28th – 31st January 2020
- Where? Various locations across Copenhagen, Denmark
9th – 11th February 2020: Scoop
- What? A tradeshow for premium womenswear and accessories. Exhibitors are the leaders in the fashion industry. Originally launched in 2011, Scoop showcases niche designers and diverse brands, which can’t be seen anywhere else. (Trade only)
- When? 9th – 11th February 2020
- Where? Old Billingsgate 1 Old Billingsgate Walk 16 Lower Thames Street London EC3R 6DX
6th – 13th February 2020 New York Fashion Week
- What? Men’s and women’s fashion week are being combined for the first time to create a solid 10 days of pure fashion. Some of the biggest names in fashion will be showcasing their latest trends and designs down New York’s premier catwalks.
- When? 6th – 13th February 2020
- Where? Primarily Skylight Clarkson Square and Industria in New York City
14th – 18th February 2020: London Fashion Week
- What? All fashion eyes are firmly on London as runways and catwalks come to life with the latest trends and designs from some of the world’s top fashion designers. Also expect fashion events and parties.
- When? 14th – 18th February 2020
- Where? Primarily Brewer Street Car Park, Brewer Street, London, W1F 0LA and Somerset House, London
15th February 2020: Fashions Finest AW20 LFW Show
- What? An off-schedule fashion show that provides an opportunity to new talent who would not have the chance to showcase their designs at the official London Fashion Week event. New brands and designers that have yet to be discovered! (Trade only)
- When? 15th February 2020
- Where? Congress Center, 28 Great Russell Street, London, WC1B 3UB
18th – 24th February 2020: Milan Fashion Week
- What? Featuring some of the top fashion talent in the world, designers come together to showcase their latest collections for the press and fashion buyers.
- When? 18th – 24th February 2020
- Where? Various locations in Milan
24th February – 4th March 2020: Paris Fashion Week
- What? From Chanel to John Galliano, experience some of the best fashion in the world, as the latest collections make their way down prestigious runways.
- When? 24th February – 4th March 2020
- Where? Paris, France
10th – 11th March 2020: Wearable Technology Show
- What? Welcome to the largest exhibit featuring cutting edge technology under one roof in London. With over 6,000 delegates, 200 speakers and 300 press, this is the showcase to discover ingenious technology to propel the future of brands.
- When? 10th March – 11th March 2020
- Where? The Business Design Centre, 52 Upper St, London N1 0QH
11th – 12th March 2020: Textile Forum The Fashion Fabric Show
- What? The UK’s leading luxury fashion fabric event for designers. It is the place for sourcing fabrics and trimmings for all areas of the fashion industry.
- When? 11th – 12th March 2020
- Where? One Marylebone, 1 Marylebone Road, London, NW1 4AQ
22nd – 24th March 2020: White Gallery London Bridal Fashion Week
- What? Established in 2009 as a platform for high-end bridal designers to present their latest designs to fashion buyers and press. Prestigious and luxurious wedding dress brands showcase their work to the most discerning eyes.
- When? 22nd – 24th March 2020
- Where? ExcCel London, Royal Victoria Dock, 1 Western Gateway, London, E16 1XL
25th – 26th March 2020: TEXFUSION
- What? The leading UK fair for international manufacturers specialising in a whole range of fabrics, from silk and wool to cotton and blends. Unique textiles such as faux fur, functional fabrics and eco-friendly textiles will also be present.
- When? 25th – 26th March 2020
- Where? Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, London, N1 0QH
30th April 2020: Drapers Digital Festival
- What? The world’s largest gathering of fashion e-commerce and digital professionals. The day will be filled with awards, talks, debates and fringe events to learn and celebrate the future of the digital fashion world.
- When? 30th April 2020
- Where? etc.venues, 133 Houndsditch, Liverpool St, London, EC3A 7BX
7th – 11th June 2020: New York Fashion Week Resort & Spring/Summer
- What? The resort collections that make us lust after endless summers. A range of the spring and summer collections in New York.
- When? 7th – 11th June 2020
- Where? New York, USA
11th – 16th September 2020: New York Fashion Week
- What? Designers showcase their collections for the spring/summer 2019 season. Press, celebrities and buyers will all be in attendance at the runways.
- When? 11th – 16th September 2020
- Where? Primarily at Skylight Clarkson Square and Industria in New York City
18th – 22nd September 2020: London Fashion Week
- What? Designers from all over the world including the UK show their spring/summer collections for the following year on runways and exhibits all over London.
- When? 18th – 22nd September 2020
- Where? Primarily 180 Strand, London, WC2R 1EA, Somerset House and other locations within London
22nd – 28th September 2020: Milan Fashion Week
- What? The spring/summer collections walk the runways on some of the world’s top models.
- When? 22nd – 28th September 2020
- Where? Various historic, open-air and other venues in Milan
28th September – 6th October 2020: Paris Fashion Week
- What? Fashion Week concludes in Paris where prestigious fashion houses show their spring/summer 2019 collections to press, VIPs, and buyers.
- When? 28th September – 6th October 2020
- Where? Galleries and other venues in the heart of Paris
Now that your fashion events calendar is all in order, make sure that you stand out from the crowd. Design your own clothes with Contrado and be someone to watch out for at every event. Create a top to toe look that is entirely your own with our custom fashion range. Click on the button below to get started.