About the Team
A fully mature IT team following agile development principles including 2-week sprints, automated deployments, multiple staging environments. You will be joining a team of 70+ including Developers, devOps, QA and project managers. Using latest technologies, primarily in .Net, but utilising cloud from providers such as AWS and GCP
Data Science @ Contrado
At Contrado, data comes in all many forms such as orders, warehouse, manufacturing, and employee time keeping
We are looking for a proactive individual to join our team to help us to ensure that the architecture that is in place supports the requirements of the data analysts, the stakeholders, and the business. This individual will need to recommend and sometimes implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
Data Scientist responsibilities and duties
Your responsibility will be using the above-mentioned data to ensure business decision can be made in the form of: Reporting and Querying, Anomaly detection, Predictive analysis, Live monitoring.
- Work with data to solve business problems, building and maintaining the infrastructure to answer questions and improve processes.
- Help streamline our data science workflows, adding value to our product offering and building out our customer lifecycle and retention models.
- Work closely with the data science and business intelligence teams to develop data models and pipelines for research, reporting, and machine learning.
- Use agile software development processes to iteratively make improvements to our back-end systems.
- Model front end and back-end data sources to help draw a more comprehensive picture of user flows throughout our system and enable powerful data analysis.
- Build data pipelines that clean, transform, and aggregate data from disparate sources.
- Develop models that can be used to make predictions and answer questions for the overall business.
Required Skills and Qualifications
Apply for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or equivalent
- 3 or more years of experience with Python, SQL, and data visualization/exploration tools
- Familiarity with the Apache open-source tools such as Hadoop and Spark
- Communication skills, especially explaining technical concepts to non-technical business leaders.
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented team with concurrent projects.
- Practical experience with SAS, ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
Contrado Imaging India Pvt Ltd - @ Ahmedabad, India - The Company:
Welcome to Contrado, a rapidly expanding custom lifestyle, fashion and homeware company. We are changing the way people buy these products. We seek another talented person to help. Our technology driven company was founded in 2002 in London, UK. But since 2018, we also have offices in Ahmedabad, India. Here, we now have a diverse team of 120 awesome people, lifting our company to new exciting heights. Excitement is guaranteed as we design, print & make products on demand. We sell direct to consumers through our websites, with expanding worldwide reach. And we’re growing fast. That’s where you come in.
We are worldwide: UK, France, Germany, USA, Italy, Spain, Japan, Holland, Sweden, Ireland, Australia, and United Arab Emirates, Canada, with more to come.
Please see our websites to get a feel for our service. Apply now and help change how people buy lifestyle products.
- Enjoyable atmosphere, fast-paced, fun, and creative environment
- Competitive salary to skill level. Every minute you work is paid.
- Up to 35 days of holidays incl. Bank Hols
- Flexible working hours (for most roles)
- 50% preferential staff discount
- Ongoing training; online, internal, conferences and books
- Free fruit, bottomless ground coffee, tea, and fresh orange juice
- Mediclaim and accidental death coverage
- Team outings, events
We have a great culture of teamwork and friendship through hard work and positivity. We enjoy an inclusive, warm atmosphere, and we seek individuals who thrive in that environment. We offer flexibility, concise and swift decision making and less hierarchy. If this works for you, apply now for this job opportunity.
We offer:?Competitive salary to skill level. Exciting meaningful challenging projects. Excellent working atmosphere. Up to date technology and ongoing training.
Apply for this role
Inclusivity, Diversity & Fairness Statement?
We are a united and mixed bunch here at Contrado. We find and nurture talents in so many people for the benefit of all. In addition, we work hard to create a representative, inclusive and friendly team. We share different experiences, varying perspectives and backgrounds, and combine them to make for better lives and workplace. A positive approach to fairness, creates a better experience for our customers too, because we are a reflection of each one of them, and they like us more for it. We are fair and even in all areas such as gender, race, disability, colour, religion or belief, national / regional origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status.
Apply with your CV and cover letter explaining how you can contribute.