Why Use Contrado
Fast. Efficient. Premium quality.
Everything made in house in London, England. in 1 - 3 days, beats the long lead times of far east production houses. Sent fast too with guaranteed 2 - 4 day delivery on a tracked service.
Concerned about waste, carbon footprint, questionable labour practices? Contrado wins on all of these concerns.
Fed up with slow production, poor out of stock management, complaints from customers? We win on all the key service aspects.
Swap your products and fulfilment over to Contrado and make more, with less fuss, and much higher service levels.
How Does It Work?
Contrado has been making retail quality on demand products since 2002. All our products are made in-house in one facility, not scattered over fragmented fulfilment centres with different quality standards and wide print variation. Create any of our 450+ products with your designs using our user-friendly mock up generator. Connect your Shopify and Contrado accounts so that your customers can order your amazing products. We automatically receive the order details whenever someone buys from you. We then manufacture and fulfil your order. Your customer receives a tracked delivery with your beautiful designs, within days of ordering. Choose white labelling, or add your brand as the only branding your customers see.
Currently we only offer store integration and drop-shipping for Shopify. If you use another e-commerce platform, we would love to hear from you; we plan to expand our offering in the near future.
Joining and getting started is simple. • If you are already registered with us, you are one step in the right direction. If not, f
ill out our drop-shipping sign up form
• Create a Shopify account on the Shopify site, and if you have store there already even better.... you are just moments from getting your designs on sale.
We will guide you with all the support you need.
Creating Your Contrado Store
• It’s really easy to create products on the Contrado platform.
Head to ‘My
Stores’ within your account to get started
• For a full guide on how to create a store and post
products for sale, see our store
• Your new store will be set to Private by default. You can connect your store to your Shopify-Account, add products or collections, and manage your store info in private mode. Click the toggle to switch from a private to a public store. Public stores can be seen on our website if you'd like to start selling your products via Contrado as well.
Connecting Your Store
• Head to the drop-ship
tab in your Contrado account
• Press the download app button and the app will install to your Shopify account (you’ll be asked to log in to Shopify if you’re not already)
• Input the unique verification code given to you on Shopify upon installing the app
• Choose whether you want to auto-publish your designs, and where you want to manage your product name, descriptions and pricing using our handy options
• Click "Submit"
• Following the successful installation of the app, head to
Stores’ in your Contrado account. Click sync on your chosen store and the
integration is complete.
note: Syncing your Contrado and Shopify store is only ever necessary once -
when you connect both stores for the first time. This process can take quite
some time depending on the number of products you have designed.
Payments - What You Earn
We want your relationship with Contrado to be profitable and easy.
It is important that you enter your default billing address when opening a Drop-Shipping account with Contrado to ensure that we can process your order smoothly and without issues.
customer places an order for an article on your online store for £35.00
keep 20 – 40% (profit £7 – 14 according to our deal) and send production balance to Contrado to make your customer's article in 1 - 3 days
receives product 2 – 4 days after production time, on tracked service
How do the payments work?• A customer will place their order using your Shopify store. They will make payment directly to you
• Their order with shipping details will automatically be sent to us and a pre-order will be generated
• Once you are paid we simultaneously send you an email link so that you can send production payment to us to get the order produced. You’ll keep the profit your side, only sending us the remaining balance for production.
• 51+ products: 40% profit
• We’ll start production immediately on receipt of funds and ship the order directly to your customer. We will not start production of the order until we have received payment in full. After 48 hours if the production balance is not paid a reminder is issued.
How do I make profit?
• Customer pays Retail Price + Shipping via Shopify
• You pay Production Price + Shipping to Contrado to initiate production
• You keep the profit (difference between
your retail price our production price)
How much profit will I make?
At least 20% scaling to 40% on standard pricing, and even more if you use our custom pricing model. The more you sell the more profit you make. We have developed this model so that if you can achieve these tiers in 30 days you make more. If, within 30 days, you reach a higher tier, we will calculate a credit for the accumulation and add it to your account for you to redeem against next orders. • 1 - 10 products: 20% profit
• 11 - 20 products: 25% profit
• 21 - 50 products: 35% profit
For the below example we are assuming every single product purchased is £10, this is to easily show you how everything is worked out
• Your customer places an order for a single product on your online store on day one. They pay the retail price (of £10)
• You keep 20% (£2), and make payment of the production price, which is the rest of the balance (£8). The sooner you pay the sooner we make and fulfil.
• On day nine, you've had customers place orders for a total of 14 products. You are now keeping 25%, (£2.50) and making payment for the rest of the balance (£7.50) within 48 hours
• On day 15, you've had you've had customers place orders for a total of 42 products. You are now keeping 35%, (£3.50) and making payment for the rest of the balance (£6.50) within 48 hours
• By day 29, you've had orders for 67 products, this can be from any number of customers just as the previous examples, you're now keeping 40% (£4), and paying the rest of the balance (£6) within 48 hours
• At the end of the 30-day period, we take the highest tier of discount that you have achieved (in this example 40%) and we work out the difference between what you paid at the time and what you would have paid with the discount
How Your Credit Is Worked Out
Products 1-10 - You paid £8 - With new discount tier you would have paid £6 - Credit of 10 x £2 = £20
Products 11-20 - You paid £7.50 - With new discount tier you would have paid £6 - Credit of 10 x £1.50 = £15
Products 21-50 - You paid £6.50 - With new discount tier you would have paid £6 - Credit of 30 x £0.50 = £15
Products 51-67 - You paid £6 - This is the highest tier you can obtain, no credit is applied to these orders
Total Credit - £20 + £15 + £15 = £50
If you use your custom price setting tools on Shopify settings, then your profits increase further. You can set your product to have up to three times our retail price to give maximum uplift to your profits. With the premium price you charge for the product, you keep a greater margin.
How Much Is Shipping?
One of our great advantages is that we have tons of experience in packing, shipping, tracking parcels, and returns. With over a million packs sent since 2002 our experience will be your experience.
The first thing to note is that we are very fast. That translates into great service and fast delivery to your costumer. We know this to add value and peace of mind to your service.
Our shipping prices are not a profit centre, and we literally either ship at a loss (good news for you!) or pass on the same carrier costs we are charged.
We only use premium tracked services to guarantee delivery that provide tracking for you and customer. Let's look at two examples here:
Shipping to a USA Customer
If you set your store up in USA we only charge you what is effectively a local USA delivery charge.
We have Small, Medium, Large, Bulky and Huge price brackets.
Let's say you sold one of our most popular products a mens or ladies Bomber Jacket
to a US address. We will charge you $9.49 and ship it with FedEx and it will be delivered in 2 - 3 days (after production 2 - 3 days time). It goes on tracked service meaning you can check it all the way from hub, depot, out on van to customer signature inc. re-delivery if out - all included in that price.
We recommend you reflect this charge and level of service to your end customer. We will bill you this charge on top of the production cost when you initiate your order transaction.
Shipping to a UK Customer
If you set your store up in UK we only charge you for local UK delivery by Royal Mail or if larger pack Fedex UK for example.
We have Small, Medium, Large, Bulky and Huge price brackets.
Let's say you sold one of our most popular products a mens or ladies Bomber Jacket
to a UK address. We will charge you £5.50 and ship it with Royal Mail 24 Tracked and it will be delivered in 2 days (after production 2 - 3 days time). It goes on tracked service meaning you can check it all the way from RM depot, to customer signature inc. re-delivery if out - all included in that price.
We recommend you reflect this charge and level of service to your end customer by setting this up in your Shopify settings. We will bill you this charge on top of the production cost when you initiate your order transaction.
Can I Set My Own Prices?
Set pricing to Contrado mode and use our price slider when creating a product to raise price and profit margin. We start you off with a base recommended retail price which works really well, but use our pricing widget to set the price of your product higher where you think you have added value. This is great for earning extra profit if you have a great premium design that your customers are prepared to pay that bit extra for. This works especially well for limited editions and exclusive designs.
Where Do You Ship To?
We ship worldwide, and are especially strong in Europe, USA, Canada, UK , Australia and Japan.
We mainly use major brand carriers and premium tracked
service to guarantee fast delivery. All deliveries go on premium service and arrive in 2 - 4 days
in 94% of cases. You can see more about our delivery information here
How Long Does It Take?
We are fast. We have been doing this since 2002 so have great systems and processes in place to make sure we execute your orders efficiently. We make everything in one facility so this means added efficiency in production timings.
Most of our wide range of products are made in 1 - 3 days. That is our production time and indicated in each product page.
Once the product is made and quality checked, we send on a premium tracked delivery and this takes another 2 - 4 days.
The fastest we can get things made and delivered is 3 days, the average is 4 - 5 days. In rare cases such as remote areas the delivery takes longer.
Do You Make In-House?
Yes we make everything in-house and have no outside 3rd party full-fillers. All our 450+ products are made here in our facility, not scattered over fragmented fulfilment centres with different quality standards, print variation, or disparate service levels. One in-house facility, one focus, one service.
This allows you speedy coordinated fulfilment to your customers with no compromise on quality. We provide dedicated uniform quality and the same print control across coordinated manufacturing. It also means 1 pack to customer instead of fragmented deliveries. Our in house model provides fast production, centralised Customer Service for better service levels, as well as centralised Out Of Stock management, plus coordinated delivery.
Which eCommerce Platforms Can Your Drop-Shipping App Integrate With?
Currently our interface is only compatible with Shopify.
Can I Add My Own Logo To Products?
Many of our items (especially garments) have an option to add your own label. You can also incorporate your logo as part of your design. The only place on your packaging and dispatch notes that would show our information is the return label, for carrier requirements.
Which Products Do You Drop-Ship?
We drop-ship all of our 450+ products. This gives you access to a huge range of cut & sew clothing for him & her in a range of sizes, shoes, fashion accessories for him & her, kids & babies range, bedding, blankets, cushions, kitchen and dining ware, homeware, home decor, bathroom accessories, stationery, pet accessories, garden & outdoor items, as well as fabrics and leather. If you can find it on our website, you will be able to add it to your drop-shipping account (excluding other artist's designs). You can find more information on our product range here.
- Cut & sew clothing for him & her in a range of sizes including plus sizes: t-shirts, dresses, skirts, shorts, trousers, leggings, underwear, sleepwear, loungewear, swimwear, gym wear & more
- Fashion accessories for him & her incl. sunglasses, scarves, hats, socks, ties etc
- Kids & baby range: t-shirt, leggings, blankets, sleeping bag, etc
- Bedding, blankets & cushions
- Handbags, purses, wallets, phone cases
- Kitchen & dining ware incl coasters, plates, place mats, tea towels, mugs & cups
- Homeware & home decor incl lamps, curtains, blinds
- Bathroom accessories
- Stationery including calendars, diaries, organisers
- Pet accessories
- Fabrics & leather
- Garden & outdoor items
Do you manage out of stock items?
Yes we do. Any item, size, or other product option that is currently out of stock on our own website will also show as out of stock on your site. Once the product is not out of stock any longer, it will be automatically available for purchase again on your end.
How Much Does Your Service Cost?
It's free. We do not charge for the app or any subscription costs. The only time you pay us is when your customers place an order with you. You can see more on our pricing here.
Which Currencies Does Your Drop-Shipping Support?
We support all major currencies according to your home location.£GBP
When you connect your Shopify store, we take your local country and connect the local base currency. We accept all other currencies in transactions for your international orders. So for your listings you just set up in your local currency and then you can transact in all currencies worldwide.
I’m Already A Contrado Wholesaler, Can I Use Your Drop-Shipping Service?
Yes. All you need to do to get started is to sign up using our drop-shipping form. You can find more information on our drop-shipping services and details on how to apply here.
What Is The Minimum Order Quantity Or Value For Contrado Drop-Shipping?
We have no minimum order quantities or order values. This applies across our site, from wholesale orders, to drop-shipping for your customers. The more that you order, the lower the price will be, thanks to our exclusive discount scheme (more on that here). Order as much or as little as you like.
Where Are Your Products Made?
We make everything, by hand, on-demand, in-house in our bespoke facility in North West London, England. We offer premium-quality and fast production lead times as we make everything here.
What Are the Recommended Shopify Settings?
Local currency, charge fair local price for shipping.
Custom pricing - charge more where you think you have extra value and earn more
How To Market Your Store
This is big a question. You need a fair understanding of online promotion, how to write well with keywords and great descriptions of your products. That way some traffic and customers can find you. We provide help on that here.
We also have some other articles here to help build momentum and generate traction.
Above all else you need to figure out how to get someone interested enough to visit you, then entice them over the line with an offer and bring them on a journey with your art or designs as part of your community. Offers, good service and great quality products from us will help you achieve this.
Legals: Terms, Returns
• Please take note of our Ts and Cs, shipping and returns policies
• We want you and your customers to be happy with your
orders, if you have any questions or if your customer has asked a question you
can’t answer, get in touch
with our customer service team
• Once an order is placed, there is little or no opportunity to make changes to the order, please ensure products are as you want them before posting them for sale.