Packing and Logistics Team Leader
Purpose of the role
Contrado is an exciting lifestyle and fashion Company with huge international reach and fast expansion. We make and sell fashion clothing, custom gifts and accessories to highly design-driven people. We are growing fast and adding terrific new talented people to meet our sales demands, so this new talent opportunity could be yours.
Our logistics packaging team is the last and essential step before any of our personalised products leaves our company. Great opportunity to supervise the work of 5-10 staff of the growing Company.
Packing and Logistics Team Leader Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the importance of selecting the right carrier company for each delivery
- Challenge established work pattern to bring costs down
- Knowledge of DHL, Royal Mail,
Fedexsystems a plus
- Understanding of volumetric weight vs actual weight and related costs
- To complete all paperwork and procedures relating to dispatched finished goods including accurate loading and key management
- Shift and rota management
- Handle holidays and think creatively when understaffed
- Manage absences, lateness
- Staff improvement and Disciplinary management if necessary
- Ensure the work areas under your team's control are clean, safe and orderly
- Ensure the requirements of the production plan are met.
- Raise any concerns and suitable solutions to your Supervisor in a timely and objective manner
- Communicate effectively with the other team member
- Check products types and quantities – they might be different or not
- Streamline to ensure no orders are mixed when ordered are prepared
- Should know how to pack carefully, swiftly to increase customer experience and keep costs down
- Report issues and solutions to management in order to keep reducing overdues
- Set up a training plan for existing and future permanent & temp staff
- Train and coach the team
- Learn from mistakes so they don’t happen twice
- Organise Temp training for peak seasons to ensure care and productivity at all levels
- Clear desk policy
- Check parcels weight and size once packed by staff
- Organise the department to help pack faster and better & reduce mixed orders to nil
- Add wherever needed information to help current staff prepare orders and pack better
- Comply with the policies and procedures of the Company
- Should focus on the savings in all areas without compromising on quality
- Think creatively both in terms of space and staffing
- Assist in other areas, within your capabilities and training
- Be proactive in organising the team to respond to production demands ensuring the timely movement of work in progress and finished products throughout the production facilities; this will include extended working days when necessary
- The role will include raw material, offload, movement and storage when demand requires
- Create reports, pivot table, analyse, act to improve practices
Packing and Logistics Team Leader Skills and Qualifications
- Previous team leader experience
- Order preparation experience
- Packing experience
- Cross Department Order Chasing management
- Experience in chasing orders in other departments holding up the packing department
- Training skills
- Attention to detail is key
- Organisational skills
- Ready to work on the weekend if the work demands
- Computer literate
- People person
- Be nice but firm. Think Customer
About Contrado ImagingAn independent medium sized fast growing creative technology company, started from zero, built from the ground up since 2002. Taking advantage of consumer appetite for customisation, print on demand and digital design for mobile and internet audiences. Different to most organisations due to total fulfilment under one roof i.e. web design, web development, customer services, photo shoots, marketing, product design, production and product processing, providing fast turnaround premium product to consumers worldwide.
Apply for this role
Contrado Imaging Ltd - The Company:
Welcome to Contrado, a rapidly expanding custom lifestyle, fashion and homeware Company. We are changing the way people buy these products. We seek another talented person to help. Our technology driven company was founded in 2002. Now we are a diverse team of 120 awesome people in West London designing and making a variety of sought after creative clothing, gift and home products. Excitement is guaranteed as we design, print & make products on demand. We sell direct to consumers through our websites, with expanding worldwide reach. And we’re growing fast. That’s where you come in.
We are worldwide: UK, France, Germany, USA, Italy, Spain, Japan, Holland, Sweden, Ireland, Australia, and United Arab Emirates, Canada, with more to come.
Please see our web sites to get a feel for our service. Apply now and help change how people buy lifestyle products.
- Enjoyable atmosphere, fast-paced, fun, and creative environment
- Competitive salary to skill level with potential 10-15% overtime bonus. Every minute you work is paid.
- On site fully equipped company gym (Technogym)
- Breakout and social games areas with trampoline, pool table, table football, table tennis
- Up to 35 days of holidays incl. Bank Hols
- Flexible working hours (for most roles)
- Occupation sick policy
- Subsidised season ticket loan
- 50% preferential staff discount
- Free fruit, bottomless ground coffee and fresh orange juice
- Bike park for cyclists
- Ongoing training; online, internal, conferences and books
- Team outings, BBQ's, events
- Eye care vouchers
We have a great culture of teamwork and friendship through hard work and positivity. We enjoy an inclusive, warm atmosphere, and we seek individuals who thrive in that environment. We offer flexibility, concise and swift decision making and less hierarchy. If this works for you, apply now for this job opportunity.
We Offer: Competitive salary to skill level. Exciting meaningful challenging projects. Excellent working atmosphere. Up to date technology and ongoing training.
Inclusivity, Diversity & Fairness Statement
We are a united and mixed bunch here at Contrado. We find and nurture talents in so many people for the benefit of all. In addition we work hard to create a representative, inclusive and friendly team. We share different experiences, varying perspectives and backgrounds, and combine them to make for better lives and workplace. A positive approach to fairness, creates a better experience for our customers too, because we are a reflection of each one of them, and they like us more for it. We are fair and even in all areas such as gender, race, disability, colour, religion or belief, national / regional origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status.
We'd love to hear from you.