The Ecommerce Trading Manager is responsible for ensuring that online sales and conversion opportunities are always maximised across the website through analysis and insight to drive the business forward.
The role oversees the day to day operational management of the website, management of 3 team members and of the on-sight customer journey. This is a key role in the company, ensuring all digital activities (digital marketing and promotional activity) and supporting processes are followed and delivered appropriately according to the relevant critical paths. A multidisciplinary role, the Ecommerce Trading Manager also plays an important role in the continuous optimisation of the customer journey.
- Lead the trading and planning of the website, ensuring all sales targets and KPI’s (Sales, margin and EBITDA) are met.
- Manage and develop your team (3 people), creating a trading culture.
- Define promotional calendar for main local (US, UK, DE and FR) ensuring alignment with relevant stakeholders
- Work closely with buying and merchandising to identify product opportunities and ensure the website has sufficient stock to deliver KPI’s.
- Provide a weekly reporting and commentary to explain performance vs plan and LY, reporting on key web metrics such as demand sales, AOV, UPO, conversion, and visits to the site.
- Working closely with the Marketing Director to drive the performance of the site and all related KPI’s including demand revenue, orders, conversion, AOV and returns rates. Identify initiative to deliver the plan and rectify any issues.
- Work with finance to define the finance and merchandising forecasts and the promotional calendar, phase sales target by week ahead of the new season
- Support the trading and Marketing team to ensure the site reflects the trading calendar activity and are in line with other channels.
- Support the Trading and Online Merchandising team, overseeing the launch process to ensure products are live on time, with quality information and images, and sufficient stock.
- Report and analyse web
- Analyse returns on a weekly/monthly basis, driving actions and share insights to the rest of the team/business.
- Report and analyse promotional performance and redemptions of new/existing customers.
- Upkeep the visual merchandising of category pages and test sorting rules to ensure pages reflect stock availability, newness and optimise conversion to drive product/category performance.
Proactively share analysis and recommendations of trading performance with the team and provide opportunities and actions. Provide guidance to the team and drive commercially through VM, product recommendations and content.
- Develop productive internal and external relationships to drive understanding of web behaviours and differences, but also integrate it as a key channel in the business
- Work with the Customer Services team to ensure our product is in the right place at the right time, and that we are meeting customer and concession or marketplace expectations in our delivery and customer service proposition.
- Previous online trading manager experience (at least 5 years)
- Strong commercial acumen
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in using Google and Web Platform Analytics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at all levels.
- Strong team player, able to work flexibly to support the team where required.
- Ability to translate knowledge and experience into recommendations to add value to the business.
Apply for this role
- Highly Competitive salary.
- 15% annual bonus (based on company performance).
- Hybrid remote workplace (at least 2 days working in our West London space).
- On-site fully equipped gym (Technogym).
- Flexible working hours by application.
- Up to 50% Contrado discount.
- Ongoing training.
- Breakout and social games areas with trampoline, pool table, table football, table tennis.
Contrado started in 2002 from the kitchen of our founders Chris and Fran. Since then, we’ve grown rapidly and have proven to be established leaders in design and print manufacturing.
Contrado means ‘make and deliver together’ and we’ve proudly built a strong community of creatives who are driven by this value.
Our platform enables creatives to sell art and build their brands while giving like-minded consumers the chance to find unique, designer products made to last.
We print original designs on a range of premium quality products from homeware to fashion and each piece is sustainably handmade to order inside our one-stop production house within 24 hours.
We’ve grown from a few people to 160 and we now operate in 14 countries but we still believe in the same values as day one.
Inclusivity, Diversity & Fairness Statement
We are a united and mixed bunch here at Contrado. We find and nurture talents in so many people for the benefit of all of us. In addition, we work hard to create a representative, inclusive and friendly team. We share different experiences, varying perspectives and backgrounds, and combine them to make for better lives and workplace. A positive approach to fairness, creates a better experience for our customers too, because we are a reflection of each one of them, and they like us more for it. We are fair and even in all areas such as gender, race, disability, colour, religion or belief, national / regional origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status.
How to apply
This is a key position and we’re curious to know why you think you’d be a good fit.
Apply for this role
Please apply with your CV and a link to your portfolio, along with a cover note.
We understand the time and effort that goes into applying for a job you love so we’ll always get back to you on your application status.
Thanks and good luck!