Fabric Cutter for Pattern Cutting Team
Contrado is a leading one stop production facility that specialises in making quality custom products on demand and has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, highly skilled Fabric Cutter to join their busy workrooms on a permanent basis in their London headquarters.
Role: Fabric Cutter and Garment Pattern Cutter
Report to: Fashion Team Manager
Salary range: depending on experience
Type of Contract: Full time, 40 hours per week
Starting on: Asap
Location: Contrado - Lifestyle | Fashion | Home - eCommerce - London NW10
What you’ll be doing…
- Cutting out samples and production pieces for garments and accessories with very sharp hand and electric hand tools (steady hands needed)
- Measuring and laying out fabric accurately for production with the ability to work quickly and accurately
- Accurate cutting using electric and scissor tools to swimwear, t shirts, hoodies, and some soft furnishings. 150 fabric types
- Working on a variation of fabrics
- Working out yields and best value
- Working closely with the Production team and sewing machinists
- Able to share expert knowledge working with fabrics including cottons, silks, wovens and jersey
- Working closely with Fashion Designers Pattern Cutters and Garment Technicians
- Working closely alongside the garment technical team
- Acting as a link between the fashion design and manufacturing stages
- Demonstrating the ability to work quickly and accurately
- Having good concentration levels as well as superb eye for detail, shape and proportion
- Showing good time management, the ability to manage a varied workload and a positive can-do work attitude
- Good organisation, planning and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude, clean and central team player
- Keep the production area clean, moving bulky fabric layers, and rolls of material
- Counting Stock counting
The ideal candidate with have a minimum of one years' experience as a Fabric Cutter in garment pattern room. You will have a keen eye for detail with the ability to lay out and cut fabric accurately. CAD/CAM experience is not essential but would be helpful. You will be able to follow instructions to brief and have an understanding of garment construction. Previous experience within a wholesale supplier or high street brand is desirable.
Progression will allow the able and committed candidate to learn technical fashion development, pattern cutting and CAD operating.
We are always looking to hear from talented Fabric Cutters, so please send your CV to hear more. Contrado is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, or disability.
Home Office accredited. We can accept existing Visas and can apply for new Visa’s. All EU people welcome.
Send us your CV.
Apply for this role
Contrado Imaging Ltd - The Company:
Welcome to Contrado, a rapidly expanding custom lifestyle, fashion and homeware Company. We are changing the way people buy these products. We seek another talented person to help. Our technology driven company was founded in 2002. Now we are a diverse team of 120 awesome people in West London designing and making a variety of sought after creative clothing, gift and home products. Excitement is guaranteed as we design, print & make products on demand. We sell direct to consumers through our websites, with expanding worldwide reach. And we’re growing fast. That’s where you come in.
We are worldwide: UK, France, Germany, USA, Italy, Spain, Japan, Holland, Sweden, Ireland, Australia, and United Arab Emirates, Canada, with more to come.
Please see our web sites to get a feel for our service. Apply now and help change how people buy lifestyle products.
- Enjoyable atmosphere, fast-paced, fun, and creative environment
- Competitive salary to skill level with potential 10-15% overtime bonus. Every minute you work is paid.
- On site fully equipped company gym (Technogym)
- Breakout and social games areas with trampoline, pool table, table football, table tennis
- Up to 35 days of holidays incl. Bank Hols
- Flexible working hours (for most roles)
- Occupation sick policy
- Subsidised season ticket loan
- 50% preferential staff discount
- Free fruit, bottomless ground coffee and fresh orange juice
- Bike park for cyclists
- Ongoing training; online, internal, conferences and books
- Team outings, BBQ's, events
- Eye care vouchers
We have a great culture of teamwork and friendship through hard work and positivity. We enjoy an inclusive, warm atmosphere, and we seek individuals who thrive in that environment. We offer flexibility, concise and swift decision making and less hierarchy. If this works for you, apply now for this job opportunity.
We Offer: Competitive salary to skill level. Exciting meaningful challenging projects. Excellent working atmosphere. Up to date technology and ongoing training.
Inclusivity, Diversity & Fairness Statement
We are a united and mixed bunch here at Contrado. We find and nurture talents in so many people for the benefit of all. In addition we work hard to create a representative, inclusive and friendly team. We share different experiences, varying perspectives and backgrounds, and combine them to make for better lives and workplace. A positive approach to fairness, creates a better experience for our customers too, because we are a reflection of each one of them, and they like us more for it. We are fair and even in all areas such as gender, race, disability, colour, religion or belief, national / regional origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status.
We'd love to hear from you.