Sellers' Guide For Creatives
If you have a talent for design and need a service to help you get your products made and out to customers fast, then Contrado presents and ideal opportunity for you to build your brand. Here are a few benefits you will have by working with us:
- Contrado has been making custom on demands products since 2002
- London based facility encompassing printing fabrics, sewing garments, building products - maker resource
- All manufacturing, printing, design, customer services, QC and dispatching in one single facility
- We make your orders swiftly and most are dispatched in a couple of days
- If you make a store and sell products on our platform you get 20% commission
- Commissions are paid fast in 14 days of the delivered sale
- Very wide range of products for you to choose from >200, and you can set your own price
- Build your brand with us (your branded store, your labels on some products)
- International distribution and sales. We have 9 language territories to sell your work
- Artists liaisons team. We only curate and you will have assistance in building your brand and store
One of the great assets you get with us is our ability to work fast and efficiently. We have all our manufacturing in one site and that means no sending of your work to 3rd parties, no supply chain delays and a far higher ability to maintain QC standards. It also means we can manage our own workflow really well. Generally our products are made an dispatched in a couple of days.Tips!Because we go fast you have to be certain what you have published for sale is exactly as you want to sell it. There is little or no opportunity to edit it it once a buyer has bought the design. They will get what they saw on screen. Make sure it is perfect!Also - if you edit an existing product that will affect following sales, so if a customer bought one design before, then you tweaked the same product in your design account, the newer version will be the next one for sale. That mans you need to consider consistency - and again best to get it right first time.
From your account page you can input all your details, check your sales and access your products and stores.
Make sure you add your PayPal email address under ‘Your Business Details’ so we can pay you when you make a sale. We pay in 14 days of the signed delivery.
The ‘failed submissions’ tab will have information about why your product wasn’t added to the store. It could be due to a low quality image or incomplete design.
- When you are designing your first products, have in mind how they will work together in the store front, collections of products should be coherent and fit together. For example, a deck chair and a chopping board may not work as well as sunglasses and a bikini!
- Make sure the products you choose cover a range of price points; our occasional chairs are fantastic, though it’s good to have smaller options available for customers who love your art but don’t have the space for a chair.
When you create a product you can browse our best sellers or search for a product in the bar at the top, we make over 200. Make sure you look at the range.
A most useful (and often over looked) tool is 'edit' button next to the image layer. This allows you to manually input the size of your image so you can achieve consistency across sections and products.
When you enter the design space you can choose product options, these can be left open for the customer to choose when they buy from your store.
The possibilities are endless with our design space. You have complete control when you design your fashion or homeware products.
- Designs need to cover the template but also consider different sizes have slightly different proportions. You don’t need to design each size individually, customer can choose a size and our system rescale your design.
- Please bear in mind your design should fill as much of the square as possible and important features should be centralised in order to scale in the best possible way. For example a 4XL dress will be a lot wider in proportion to length than and XXS you design with this in mind.
This is where you get to express your brand: add a logo, banner, profile picture and links to let your brand’s personality shine through.
The titles and descriptions are very important, not just for human readers, but essential to get listed in search engines to help with your sales in our SEO marketing. For help, see the ‘writing titles and descriptions for your store’ section.
Sorting your products in to collections is a great way to group similar designs.
Using collections makes your store more user friendly and allows help customers find products they love.
The collection titles and descriptions are vital, not just for customers, but to help you sell via Search Engine marketing as well. For help, see the ‘writing titles and descriptions for your store’ section.
When you add the product to your store you set the price and can see how much commission you’ll earn. There is a default price to our standard RRP too, and default commission is 20%.
You can choose the product option which you want customers to be able to choose when they buy from your store. Tick a box if you do not want them to have a choice for an option.
The product titles and descriptions are essential so shoppers clearly understand what they are seeing, and to help with search marketing as well. See the ‘writing titles and descriptions for your store’ section for help.
We want you to be successful, and that means you need sales. We selected you after all, so lets make it happen by ensuring your on page information works, that it sells and informs, persuades and entices readers to buy your amazing product and designs.
The titles and descriptions throughout your Contrado store are really important, as they are read, not just by potential customers but also by the search engines. The search engines 'robots' will crawl and read your pages to work out if the content is worthy of listing in their search results. You need to help your store be discovered by customers searching to buy products. You do that by writing good titles and copy.
This section will help you be a copywriting wizard.
Know a new best friend: Search Engine Optimisation.
Although its name, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), may not sound too exciting, it’s worth learning the magic behind it. SEO is one of the most powerful tools you’ll have for increasing your pages’ traffic and it doesn’t need to cost you anything.
Here are a few tips to help make your copywriting go from a poor party trick to a spell binding, jaw-dropping show-stopper.
1. Your product titles need key terms
Search engines, like Google look for keywords and key terms on web-pages. If you want customers to find your bomber jacket you need to include ‘bomber jacket’ in the product title and description. Key terms are better than keywords. Using strings of descriptive keywords will help your product be found; ‘Silk cushion’ will get your page higher up the results than ‘cushion’ and ‘floral silk cushion’ is even better.
2. Don’t go too crazy
You only need two to tango. Only use two key terms per product page, make sure they are relevant to the product. One is too lonely and three’s a crowd.
3. Try some role-play
Imagine you are a customer searching for your product. What would you search in Google to find it? This role playing is the best way to think of appropriate key terms.
4. Use key terms in the descriptions
Key terms should appear in the descriptions as well as the title. They only need to appear once or twice, so don’t stuff the descriptions with the same terms, and take care to write as naturally as you can.
5. Content volume matters
Not too much, not too little. Search engines will skip your page if there isn’t enough copy to satisfy a page reader. Though don’t write too much as this will send the customers who find your page to sleep. It has to fit the page, look good and be enticing to read. That takes a bit of effort, but really worth it.
6. Use your own voice
These are your products and your store. Use your natural tone of voice whilst writing, but don’t use slang or nonsense words. Be confident, descriptive, and informative. Let the customers know how great your designs on this product are, how they were made and someone should buy them. Triple check your spelling and grammar. Mistakes are the easiest way to lose a sale.
7. Different products need different copy
It sounds obvious but don’t copy and paste; search engines will ignore sites which have many pages with the same words duplicated. Copywriting can be a joy - find your creative urge, it's your baby, so tell people how the product is worthy with your design. Take it in stages you’ll quickly get it. Boil it down, polish it, and go back and revise again. The best person to tell the world about your designs is you, so make the effort here - it is worth it.
We try our best to reflect these variations in our product preview so that customers have the best idea of how the finished product will look and we always strive to achieve colours most true to your artwork. Materials of particular note that will affect the colours of your print are:
Please also read important information on Colour variations here.
- China (e.g. china plates, mugs)
- Metal (e.g. tin boxes, lighters)
- Cotton (e.g. T-shirts, dresses)