Fashion Grader Role with Contrado
This is a great opportunity for a fashion grader to join a newly formed team responsible for developing/building Contrado’s fashion branding an exciting time of business growth.
What you’ll be doing:
- Laying out a pattern on a digitising table
- Tracing pattern outlines with a light pen or scanning equipment
- Plotting measurements at key points to feed into a computer to adjust the pattern's size and proportions
- Carrying out quality checks to make sure the final pattern matches the original
- Working closely with the design team to make up sample garments from the pattern
- Sending copies of the final pattern information in the correct format to the manufacturer for production
- Think options on how to make the garments run easy within Production with a good finishing
Essential Skills – Abilities:
- Excellent Mathematics skills to take measurements and make calculations
- Good knowledge on CAD system such as Lectra, Gerber, Veti-graph or Investronica
- In depth knowledge of fit and garment construction.
- Excellent pattern cutter skills
- Good eye detail for shape and proportion of clothes to ensure they look good on the wearer
- Good knowledge around production process
- An out of box thinker who can motivate the team and colleagues to produce products in best fitting prices with new designs and patterns.
- Ability to cooperate effectively with stakeholders/team
The Company - Contrado Imaging LtdContrado Imaging is based in West London. From here we run our marketing, customer services production and IT operations. In 2018 we opened a second office in Ahmedabad, home of the Calico Museum of Textiles, where we operate additional functions. With an ever-changing market, we are constantly improving and expanding on our range. That’s why we need you!
www.contrado.co.uk/ www.bagsoflove.co.uk+ international sites in FR / DE / USA / IT / ES / JP / NL / SE / IE / AUS and many more.
No Agencies – thank you
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Apply for this role
Contrado Imaging Ltd - The Company:
Welcome to Contrado, a rapidly expanding custom lifestyle, fashion and homeware Company. We are changing the way people buy these products. We seek another talented person to help. Our technology driven company was founded in 2002. Now we are a diverse team of 120 awesome people in West London designing and making a variety of sought after creative clothing, gift and home products. Excitement is guaranteed as we design, print & make products on demand. We sell direct to consumers through our websites, with expanding worldwide reach. And we’re growing fast. That’s where you come in.
We are worldwide: UK, France, Germany, USA, Italy, Spain, Japan, Holland, Sweden, Ireland, Australia, and United Arab Emirates, Canada, with more to come.
Please see our web sites to get a feel for our service. Apply now and help change how people buy lifestyle products.
- Enjoyable atmosphere, fast-paced, fun, and creative environment
- Competitive salary to skill level with potential 10-15% overtime bonus. Every minute you work is paid.
- On site fully equipped company gym (Technogym)
- Breakout and social games areas with trampoline, pool table, table football, table tennis
- Up to 35 days of holidays incl. Bank Hols
- Flexible working hours (for most roles)
- Occupation sick policy
- Subsidised season ticket loan
- 50% preferential staff discount
- Free fruit, bottomless ground coffee and fresh orange juice
- Bike park for cyclists
- Ongoing training; online, internal, conferences and books
- Team outings, BBQ's, events
- Eye care vouchers
We have a great culture of teamwork and friendship through hard work and positivity. We enjoy an inclusive, warm atmosphere, and we seek individuals who thrive in that environment. We offer flexibility, concise and swift decision making and less hierarchy. If this works for you, apply now for this job opportunity.
We Offer: Competitive salary to skill level. Exciting meaningful challenging projects. Excellent working atmosphere. Up to date technology and ongoing training.
Inclusivity, Diversity & Fairness Statement
We are a united and mixed bunch here at Contrado. We find and nurture talents in so many people for the benefit of all. In addition we work hard to create a representative, inclusive and friendly team. We share different experiences, varying perspectives and backgrounds, and combine them to make for better lives and workplace. A positive approach to fairness, creates a better experience for our customers too, because we are a reflection of each one of them, and they like us more for it. We are fair and even in all areas such as gender, race, disability, colour, religion or belief, national / regional origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status.
Apply with your CV and cover letter explaining how you can contribute.
Apply to work with Contrado
We apologise for the inconvenience, but a technical problem has occurred.
Please try again.