Custom Organic Cotton Poplin Fabric
Discount available. Price by selecting dimensions & quantity:Start design >
It’s no secret that students are some of our favourite people! We have sorted the best deal for students with up to 40% off!Ask for a discount
We want to give makers and small businesses the best price to help their business grow. Available to selected makers and traders.Apply for your wholesale account.
- 100% Organic Cotton Poplin
- Light and crisp fabric perfect for making shirts
- Tight opaque Poplin weave, no stretch
- No minimums, small runs and wholesale
- It means that absolutely no chemicals were used on this cotton, from the process of farming the cotton to weaving it into a finished fabric! Many poplin fabrics are produced using mercerized yarns, which is cotton that's been processed through an alkali bath of sodium hydroxide. No such treatments are used on this fully natural poplin, and the effects of the natural yarn are visible as a subtle, homespun look.
- As of the 31st October 2019, we have changed the fabric slightly from our previous Organic Cotton Poplin. The fabric is now 135 gsm and has a cream base colour. This is still a 100% organic material and it has yarn count of 30/1 in warp and weft. There are 36 threads per cm in the warp direction and 29 threads per cm in the weft direction.
- This fabric has a very smooth, even surface, making it perfect for almost any design, pattern or photos. The natural yarns in this fabric create a very subtle grain which is just visible. Reactive printing infuses with the cotton to create a durable and bright effect, while pigment printing provides a strong surface print creating softer tones. Reactive printing has a higher wash allowance, so you can wash it up to 60c.